- Your payments are refundable until 40 days before the retreat start date, in the case you have paid the full amount. Cancellation will incur cancellation charges as set out in paragraph 6 below.
- Your booking is not considered definite and no contract will exist between you and Ashram Om until we receive full payment from you.
- We do not accept credit cards or checks.
- The minimum age for Ashram Om Retreats is 16 and for YTT courses 18, unless otherwise agreed in writing at our discretion.
- There is no maximum age.
Payment by bank to bank transfer (BACS): we will email you our banking details on request.
We welcome room sharing between strangers of same gender.
3.1. Twin/Triple Rooms – If you are a solo traveler who is happy to room-share with a stranger and there are 2 places available for your chosen room: book your place and we will make sure that your room mate is the same gender as you. If another room share guest does not book the other bed and you are the sole occupant, then the single occupancy surcharge will be waived.
3.2. Single rooms Single occupancy is possible for most of our twin bedded rooms by paying a Single Supplement Surcharge – 20% (this may not always be available)
4. Health & Travel Insurance
We require that your travel insurance covers the activity of this retreat as well as unexpected cancellation, sickness, losses and all the usual risks. You should bring the policy with you in case of an emergency.
4.1. Your Health
You should also consult a doctor with an understanding of yoga to check that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake yoga classes and other physical activities that we arrange (e.g. paddle surf, mountain hiking etc.).
Please be sure to advise us of any health conditions before you book. If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity during the retreat, then you must desist immediately and consult a member of the Ashram Om team. We reserve the right to decline your application to stay at Ashram Om. If you do not advise us of your health conditions we reserve the right to cancel your booking and your payment is forfeit.
Whilst all measures are taken to ensure a high standard of health and safety, we are situated in the countryside where the land is uneven and we shall not be responsible for any injuries caused by uneven terrain.
Women who are 12 to 28 weeks pregnant should provide a letter from their health practitioner specifying that they are fit to travel and able to engage in the activities that we provide. We do not accept women at any stage of pregnancy on Detox retreats. We would prefer pregnant women to have done a little yoga before they arrive.
5. Your Travel Arrangements
All travel arrangements are your responsibility and at you own cost. We shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from delays or cancellations in any of the companies you may have made arrangements with, or for any irregularities in your documentation required for travel. Transfers to/from the retreat are at your own cost, unless you request an airport transfer from us.
6. Cancellation by you
You (or any member of your party) may cancel your booking at any time, providing that the cancellation is made by the person submitting the booking form and is notified to us in writing. Cancellation will take effect the day such notification is received by us. As this incurs administrative costs, returned payments are subject to a 300€ handling charge and in addition, if such cancellation is made within less than 40 days before the start of the retreat or course, we will retain 100% of the cost of the retreat, in case you have made the whole payment. However, if another person can be found to take your place, you keep your amount. Refunds and returned payments are normally settled within 10 working days of the date of cancellation. Otherwise, once a booking has been accepted no payment is refundable unless the course is cancelled. Once the retreat has begun, no refund or part refund or unused portion of the retreat will be repaid in the event of cancellation by you. Bookings are for the stated period of the retreat. There are no refunds for an unused portion of the retreat
7. Amendments by Ashram Om
Occasionally, changes may have to be made (e.g., yoga teacher, class times or other arrangements), which we reserve the right to do at any time. If your accommodation has to be changed, we will do our utmost to provide accommodation of a similar rating. If a significant change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure.
8. Cancellation by Ashram Om
We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel a retreat or course, in which case we will offer a full refund of all monies paid within 10 working days. In particular our retreats require a minimum number of at least 50% of the participants to have booked by 7 days before the start date. If this minimum number is not reached by that date we may cancel and refund the money to you.
9. Our liability to you
- We accept responsibility for ensuring that the retreats are supplied as described and that the services we are contractually obliged to provide are to a reasonable standard.
- We do not accept any liability for cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, terrorist actions or threats, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, technical problems to transport, staff cancellations, unforeseen changes in your personal circumstances or other events beyond our control.
- We are not liable for any injuries you may incur. Yoga classes are undertaken at your own risk. We are not liable for any medical or psychiatric conditions which may develop during or subsequent to the retreat. We are not liable for loss of, or damage to, your personal property.
- We are not responsible for the proportion of male/female guests in any group. We are not responsible for the individual behaviour of any guest.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave the premises at our discretion if your behaviour is disruptive or abusive.
10. Additional conditions for Detox Retreats
Booking: In order to be accepted on a Detox retreat we request that you complete and return a health questionnaire. This will be sent to you by email.
Contraindications: A Detox retreat is not appropriate if you are currently being treated for cancer, or receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy, or undergoing treatment for a life threatening illness, or if you are an insulin dependant diabetic, or of you have heart problems, or high blood pressure. A Detox retreat is not suitable if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Anyone with chronic illness should consult with their registered health practitioner before attending. In certain cases we may ask for a letter from your health practitioner to confirm that you are well enough to participate in the retreat.
If you have a problem during your retreat, please inform the manager immediately and he/she will endeavour to put things right.